CBCF Scholarship application deadline March 1

The CBCF Scholarship application is available annually from December 15 – March 1.

This is a combined application form for over 80 scholarships administered through the Coastal Bend Community Foundation. Scholarships and their criteria can be reviewed by selecting “CBCF Scholarships” or “Outside Scholarships”. Please note that not all scholarships are funded each year, but you will be considered for any available scholarships for which you meet the criteria. Should you have questions about the scholarships, or encounter technical difficulties with the application, please contact Nicole Ross, Scholarship/Project Director at 361.882.9745.

If you are currently a graduating high school senior, you will need the following documents TO UPLOAD into your scholarship application:

• Current official transcript from your school registrar. If your school will not provide you with an official transcript (CCISD) you MUST request an unofficial transcript from the registrar. DO NOT mail your transcript to the CBCF office. It will not be accepted and your application will not be considered. YOU WILL NEED TO REQUEST YOUR TRANSCRIPT FROM THE REGISTRAR, SCAN IT INTO A COMPUTER, SAVE IT AS A PDF, AND UPLOAD IT DIRECTLY INTO THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION. DO NOT submit the transcript you see on your student portal. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT. You must request one from your registrar;
  • ACT/SAT Score reports;
  • 2021-2022 FAFSA Student Aid Report(all pages);
  • One letter of recommendation;
  • TWO essays.

There are specific essay prompts for the two required essays. The one required prompt for all applicants is:

Tell us about your goals for your college studies and what your career or life aspirations are at this time. Include a brief description of how the influence of an individual or an experience has shaped these plans. Include a brief description of how receiving a scholarship will help you achieve your educational aspirations.

The second essay will depend on if you meet any of the special criteria for specific prompts related to different scholarships. You will not be able to determine the second essay prompt until the application opens on December 15th.

If you are a current high school student, click the link below to access the High School Scholarship Application. If you are currently a high school student in a dual credit program and will be graduating high school with your diploma as well as an associate’s degree, you will still complete this application.

Link to apply