Announcements for November 14, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Announcements for November 14, 2019

Lilly Quesnel, War Cry Staff

Win a yearbook

The yearbook staff is offering students five chances throughout the year to win a copy of the 2020 edition of the yearbook. Five scavenger hunts are scheduled throughout the year and the winner of each contest will receive a copy of the yearbook when they arrive in May. Tickets to enter the contests may be purchased from Matt Meinheit in Room 225 or from one of the yearbook students.

The $10 ticket price includes entry to the remaining four scavenger hunts and can be credited toward the purchase of a yearbook. Scavenger hunts are scheduled during activity schedule:

• Friday, Nov. 15
  • Thursday, Dec. 19
  • Friday, Jan. 31
  • Friday, Feb. 21

Noche de Gala

The Mariachi Program plans to host “Noche de Gala” Saturday, Nov. 16. Enchilada dinner will be served from 5:30–7:30 p.m. and the Mariachi will perform a concert from 6–9 p.m.

Presale tickets are $10 (limited tickets available at the door).

The Mariachi band is also looking for silent auction donations.

Please contact Ernesto Costante for more information.

Toys, Touchdowns & Tutus

Warrior football and the Golden Brigade plan to host a benefit for patients at Driscoll Children’s Hospital at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4 at the PAC. Members of the football teams will perform with members of the Golden Brigade. Admission to the show is one new toy to be donated to Driscoll Children’s Hospital.

Warriors & Cherokees basketball at AT&T Center

The Cherokees are scheduled to play the West Oso Lady Bears at 11:30 a.m.Wednesday, Nov. 27 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio. Tickets, which include the Spurs game against the Minnesota Timberwolves that evening, are $22, $32, $56 or $66. Contact girls basketball coach James Bueno for more information.

The Warriors are scheduled to play the West Oso Bears on Friday, Nov. 29 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio. Tickets, which include the Spurs game against the Los Angeles Clippers that evening, are sold out.

Tom Shelby Scholarship

The Tom Selby Memorial Athletic Scholarship was established in the Spring of 2019 in memory of Tom Selby, a longtime Tuloso-Midway ISD educator and coach.

The Tom Selby Memorial Athletic Scholarship will award a scholarship to a current Tuloso-Midway senior, one male and one female, who participated as a player, manager or trainer, in any sport, and who plans on continuing their education in college or vocational programs.

For more information: Ms. Stacie Figueroa in room S106

NJROTC scholarship

The Navy announced a new scholarship program for students who don’t quite make the minimum scores (SAT/ACT) to qualify for the  Navy officer ROTC program scholarship. Students must be able to pass a Navy Physical Fitness test (1.5 mile run, push ups, sit ups). The new program will pay 100% of college costs (tuition and room and board) for one full year for accepted students at any college that supports the program. Students are automatically enrolled into the Navy ROTC program at that school with a full 4-year Navy ROTC scholarship after successfully completing the initial year.

See LCDR Joe Harmon in Room 139 for more information.

Afternoon tutorials

Library tutorials are held each Monday, Tuesday and Thursday after school from 4:10 – 5:10.

The War Cry staff posts announcements each day during the eighth-period newspaper class. Contact student media adviser Matt [email protected] before eighth period to add an item to the announcements.