Announcements for October 8, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Announcements for October 8, 2019

Lilly Quesnel, war Cry Staff

Senior Fundraiser

Teachers are needed for The Senior Class of 2020 fundraiser in November to raise funds for their Grad Night event. They plan to host a ‘So You Think You Can Dance?,’ type event to help raise these funds. They need teachers help in making it a fun, exciting, and successful night. It has the same concept as Dancing With The Stars.

∙ 10-15 Students will be dancing with an adult of their choosing. If the students would like to have a small group with one adult or more, they can do that as well.

∙ The adult must sign off that they will dance with the student(s).

∙ The students and adults have to come up with their own routine, choice of song, props (if wanted) and costumes or attire. Music has to be approved by school administrators.

∙ You will have about a month to host your practices. Practices cannot interfere with class time; practices have to be done before or after school, during lunch, or a conference period if the student has off as well.

∙ It is highly encouraged for you and your student to advertise your performance. Signs in your hallway, etc.

∙ The night of the event there will be judges to judge the routines.

∙ There will be jars set up for monetary votes for each set of performers that will be added to your judge’s scores. teachers will be able to perform on the night of the event, November 7 at 6pm. If you have any questions about the event please contact Amanda Boone at 3102.

Tom Shelby Scholarship

The Tom Selby Memorial Athletic Scholarship was established in the Spring of 2019 in memory of Tom Selby, a longtime Tuloso-Midway ISD educator and coach.

The Tom Selby Memorial Athletic Scholarship will award a scholarship to a current Tuloso-Midway senior, one male and one female, who participated as a player, manager or trainer, in any sport, and who plans on continuing their education in college or vocational programs.

For more information contact

Stacie Figueroa

FFA Fresh Country Fundraiser

The FFA is selling Fresh Country items. There are lots of meat and dessert items in the brochure. All items will arrive before Thanksgiving. Contact a FFA member for ordering information. All payments must be received by Wednesday, Oct. 9th.

Senior portrait retakes

Senior that were absent or unsatisfied with their senior portraits may schedule an appointment for retakes for Wednesday, Oct. 9. See Mr. Meinheit in Room 225 to schedule an appointment.

ID Lanyards

All faculty, staff and students must wear school IDs at all times during school hours. Individuals that did not receive an ID must see librarian Mrs. Debbie VanZandt to have one made. A $5 replacement fee will be required to replace lost  IDs. Students may face a disciplinary consequence for continued failures to wear their IDs.

“Grease” tickets on sale

Tickets are available for sale.

Prices

Staff: $10

Adults: $12

At the door: $15

Click here to order online 

Performances

Thursday, Oct. 10, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 12, 2:30 and 7 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 13, 2:30 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 17, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 19, 7 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 20, 2:30 and 7 p.m.

Sports

Warrior basketball at AT&T Center

The Warriors are scheduled to play the West Oso Bears on Friday, Nov. 29 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio. Tickets, which include the Spurs game against the Los Angeles Clippers that evening, will be $55 and $68. Ticket are expected to be available for ordering soon. Contact basketball coach Tres Garcia for more details.

Pep Rally Themes

October 25: “Tye” Down the Tigers! (Everyone tye-dye!)

November 8: Maroon and Gold Madness—Senior Pep Rally outside in the morning (wear everything maroon and gold)

Win a yearbook

The yearbook staff is offering students five chances throughout the year to win a copy of the 2020 edition of the yearbook. Five scavenger hunts are scheduled throughout the year and the winner of each contest will receive a copy of the yearbook when they arrive in May. Tickets to enter the contests my be purchased from Matt Meinheit in Room 225 or from one of the yearbook students.

The $10 ticket price includes entry to the remaining four scavenger hunts and can be credited toward the purchase of a yearbook. Scavenger hunts are scheduled during activity schedule:

Friday, Nov. 15

Thursday, Dec. 19

Friday, Jan. 31

Friday, Feb. 21

NJROTC scholarship

The Navy announced a new scholarship program for students who don’t quite make the minimum scores (SAT/ACT) to qualify for the  Navy officer ROTC program scholarship. Students must be able to pass a Navy Physical Fitness test (1.5 mile run, push ups, sit ups). The new program will pay 100% of college costs (tuition and room and board) for one full year for accepted students at any college that supports the program. Students are automatically enrolled into the Navy ROTC program at that school with a full 4-year Navy ROTC scholarship after successfully completing the initial year.

See LCDR Joe Harmon in Room 139 for more information.

School security policies

Hoods, hats, etc.

Hooded jackets may be worn, but hoods, caps, beanies or any item cannot be worm on a student’s head. If a student is seen with such an item, it will be confiscated. A disciplinary consequence will follow additional offenses.

No bags in student section

Students will not be permitted to bring a backpack games. All purses will be checked. Students need to be sure to have a ride at 10 p.m. If the student is picked up late, they will not be able to attend the next home game.

Homecoming Dance eligibility

Trainers selling clear bags

Athletic training students are taking orders for clear bags – which are required at events at Calallen, CCISD and the American Bank Center. They have the two-color TM logo on them and are available in three different varieties. All orders and money are due no later than 4 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16. Bags are scheduled to arrive by October 30. Download an order form here. Contact Coach Madeline Price 361-903-6732 for more information.

The War Cry staff posts announcements each day during the eighth-period newspaper class. Contact student media adviser Matt Meinheit at[email protected] before eighth period to add an item to the announcements