Announcements for October 2, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Announcements for October 2, 2019

Adrian Molina

Homecoming week

Events

Cherokee Volleyball, 5 p.m. (varsity) and 6 p.m. (sub-varsity) Friday

Warrior Football, 7:30 p.m. Friday

Homecoming Dance, 7–11 p.m. Saturday in the Commons

Spirit day themes

Wednesday: “A Picture Perfect Homecoming” Papparazzi

Thursday: “Touring Hollywood” Tacky Tourist

Friday: “Spirit Day” Maroon & Gold or “Paint the World Pink” Pink Out pep rally

Tom Shelby Scholarship

The Tom Selby Memorial Athletic Scholarship was established in the Spring of 2019 in memory of Tom Selby, a longtime Tuloso-Midway ISD educator and coach.

The Tom Selby Memorial Athletic Scholarship will award a scholarship to a current Tuloso-Midway senior, one male and one female, who participated as a player, manager or trainer, in any sport, and who plans on continuing their education in college or vocational programs.

For more information contact

Stacie Figueroa

FFA Fresh Country Fundraiser

The FFA is selling Fresh Country items. There are lots of meat and dessert items in the brochure. All items will arrive before Thanksgiving. Contact a FFA member for ordering information. All payments must be received by Wednesday, Oct. 9th.

Senior portrait retakes

Senior that were absent or unsatisfied with their senior portraits may schedule an appointment for retakes for Wednesday, Oct. 9. See Mr. Meinheit in Room 225 to schedule an appointment.

ID Lanyards

All faculty, staff and students must wear school IDs at all times during school hours. Individuals that did not receive an ID must see librarian Mrs. Debbie VanZandt to have one made. A $5 replacement fee will be required to replace lost  IDs. Students may face a disciplinary consequence for continued failures to wear their IDs.

“Grease” tickets on sale

Tickets are available for sale.

Prices

Staff: $10

Adults: $12

At the door: $15

Click here to order online 

Performances

Thursday, Oct. 10, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 12, 2:30 and 7 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 13, 2:30 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 17, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 19, 7 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 20, 2:30 and 7 p.m.

Sports

Warrior basketball at AT&T Center

The Warriors are scheduled to play the West Oso Bears on Friday, Nov. 29 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio. Tickets, which include the Spurs game against the Los Angeles Clippers that evening, will be $55 and $68. Ticket are expected to be available for ordering soon. Contact basketball coach Tres Garcia for more details. 

Pep Rally Themes

Friday: Paint the World Pink—To kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month (Think Pink!)

October 25: “Tye” Down the Tigers! (Everyone tye-dye!)

November 8: Maroon and Gold Madness—Senior Pep Rally outside in the morning (wear everything maroon and gold)

Win a yearbook

The yearbook staff is offering students five chances throughout the year to win a copy of the 2020 edition of the yearbook. Five scavenger hunts are scheduled throughout the year and the winner of each contest will receive a copy of the yearbook when they arrive in May. Tickets to enter the contests my be purchased from Matt Meinheit in Room 225 or from one of the yearbook students.

The $10 ticket price includes entry to the remaining four scavenger hunts and can be credited toward the purchase of a yearbook. Scavenger hunts are scheduled during activity schedule:

Friday, Nov. 15

Thursday, Dec. 19

Friday, Jan. 31

Friday, Feb. 21

NJROTC scholarship

The Navy announced a new scholarship program for students who don’t quite make the minimum scores (SAT/ACT) to qualify for the  Navy officer ROTC program scholarship. Students must be able to pass a Navy Physical Fitness test (1.5 mile run, push ups, sit ups). The new program will pay 100% of college costs (tuition and room and board) for one full year for accepted students at any college that supports the program. Students are automatically enrolled into the Navy ROTC program at that school with a full 4-year Navy ROTC scholarship after successfully completing the initial year.

See LCDR Joe Harmon in Room 139 for more information.

School security policies

Hoods, hats, etc.

Hooded jackets may be worn, but hoods, caps, beanies or any item cannot be worm on a student’s head. If a student is seen with such an item, it will be confiscated. A disciplinary consequence will follow additional offenses.

No bags in student section

Students will not be permitted to bring a backpack games. All purses will be checked. Students need to be sure to have a ride at 10 p.m. If the student is picked up late, they will not be able to attend the next home game.

Homecoming Dance eligibility

The Homecoming Dance is Saturday, Oct. 5. In order for a student to attend they must not have more than two absences during the current grading period in any class. Tardies also count so two absences and a tardy will prevent the student from being allowed to attend the dance. Doctor’s notes for medical excused absences are needed as soon as possible.

The War Cry staff posts announcements each day during the eighth-period newspaper class. Contact student media adviser Matt Meinheit at [email protected] before eighth period to add an item to the announcements.