WAR CRY

Announcements for September 16, 2019

Lilly Quesnel, War Cry Staff

College Expo

Who: Corpus Christi ISD
What: Coastal Bend Area College Expo
When: 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Texas A&M Corpus Christi, Lone Star Ballroom.
Register at: http://register.gotocollegefairs.com/Registration/StateSelect
More Info: call Corpus Christi ISD (361)695-7440
Parking: Bayside Parking garage and Jellyfish Parking lot

Warrior basketball merchandise

Shirts, polos and pullovers are available for purchase until Friday, Sept. 20 at the Warrior basketball web store. Enter the team code: TMBB19 (case sensitive) to access to the different apparel available for purchase.

Powder Puff Football

Who: Senior boys and girls
What: Mandatory meeting for anyone interested in being players, referees, cheerleaders and announcers
When: 4:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 23
Where: Room 128
More info: Sign up on the Grad Nite website

HOSA meeting

When: 7:50 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 25
Where: Room 226
More info: HOSO usually meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month.

Dig Pink Night

The high school and middle school volleyball programs is selling Dig Pink shirts for their annual Dig Pink nights. The Cherokees plan to donate 100% of funds raised to Intermediate employee Minerva Trevino, who is breast cancer patient and will be honored at the games.

Dig Pink nights
Tuesday, Oct. 8 at the High School
Monday, Oct. 14 at the Middle School

The deadline to order a shirt is Monday, Sept. 23. Orders can be sent to Coach Jamie Gill at the High School or given to any  high school or middle school volleyball player.

School security policies

Hoods, hats, etc.
Hooded jackets may be worn, but hoods, caps, beanies or any item cannot be worm on a student’s head. If a student is seen with such an item, it will be confiscated. A disciplinary consequence will follow additional offenses.

No bags in student section
Students will not be permitted to bring a backpack games. All purses will be checked. Students need to be sure to have a ride at 10 p.m. If the student is picked up late, they will not be able to attend the next home game.

Homecoming Dance eligibility
The Homecoming Dance is Saturday, Oct. 5. In order for a student to attend they must not have more than two absences during the current grading period in any class. Tardies also count so two absences and a tardy will prevent the student from being allowed to attend the dance. Doctor’s notes for medical excused absences are needed as soon as possible.

Homecoming Parade

The “Hollywood Homecoming” parade is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28. CCPD will begin to block streets at 5pm. The Burning of the Letters and Homecoming Court presentation will follow the parade at Warrior Stadium. Other homecoming events include:

Cherokee Volleyball, 5 p.m. (varsity) and 6 p.m. (sub-varsity) Friday, Oct. 4.
Warrior Football, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4
Homecoming Dance, 7–11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5 in the Commons

Pep Rally Themes

September 13: War with the Trojans! (Wear your best Camo!)
October 4: Paint the World Pink—To kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month (Think Pink!)
October 25: “Tye” Down the Tigers! (Everyone tye-dye!)
November 8: Maroon and Gold Madness—Senior Pep Rally outside in the morning (wear everything maroon and gold)

Win a yearbook

The yearbook staff is offering students five chances throughout the year to win a copy of the 2020 edition of the yearbook. Five scavenger hunts are scheduled throughout the year and the winner of each contest will receive a copy of the yearbook when they arrive in May. Tickets to enter the contests my be purchased from Matt Meinheit in Room 225 or from one of the yearbook students.

The $10 ticket price includes entry to the remaining four scavenger hunts and can be credited toward the purchase of a yearbook. Scavenger hunts are scheduled during activity schedule:
Friday, Nov. 15
Thursday, Dec. 19
Friday, Jan. 31
Friday, Feb. 21

NJROTC scholarship

The Navy announced a new scholarship program for students who don’t quite make the minimum scores (SAT/ACT) to qualify for the  Navy officer ROTC program scholarship. Students must be able to pass a Navy Physical Fitness test (1.5 mile run, push ups, sit ups). The new program will pay 100% of college costs (tuition and room and board) for one full year for accepted students at any college that supports the program. Students are automatically enrolled into the Navy ROTC program at that school with a full 4-year Navy ROTC scholarship after successfully completing the initial year.

See LCDR Joe Harmon in Room 139 for more information.

The War Cry staff posts announcements each day during the eighth-period newspaper class. Contact student media adviser Matt Meinheit at [email protected] before eighth period to add an item to the announcements.